The Atlantic Forum steering comittee has appointed Ms Tessy Antony - de Nassau as member of the Board of Recommendations per the 9th of January 2020. The Atlantic Forum is greatly joyed with Ms Antony - de Nassau joining, due her connection with NATO and exampilary entrepreneurial spirit in the field of (youth) education adn woman empowerment.
About Ms Antony - de Nassau
Ms Tessy Antony - de Nassau is Director and Co-Founder of Professors Without Borders. She is a social Entrepreneur, Business Woman, Philanthropist, UNAids Ambassador, Public Speaker, Activist, and Mother.
Tessy is the Founder of the Global consultancy ' Finding Butterflies Consultancy Ltd'. Some of her clients include(d) Montessori St. Nicholas Group in the UK, Vodafone Foundation Luxembourg, KPMG New Zealand, and Nexus among others. Tessy is also the newly appointed associate at LSEideas at the London School of Economics. Her commitments to education can also be seen in her Foundation, Professors Without Borders – that brings top-level educators and global experts to the doorsteps of students worldwide, in order to develop talent.
Moreover, Tessy is an ambassador for UNAIDS (Global Advocate for Young Women and Adolescent Girls) and is the patron to UNA-UK.
In the past, She spent five years in the Luxembourg military, during which she was deployed in Kosovo as a peacekeeper and only woman of her draft. Tessy actively promotes a number of issues, including global health and women's rights.
She is passionate about pushing her different agendas to benefit the Sustainable Development Goals and has committed her time and energy to furthering the work of organisations in which she believes in. Moreover, she is actively committed to strengthening basic human rights for all and empowering young women and adolescent girls around the world.
She got bestowed the Dame Grand Cross of Order of Adolphe of Nassau from HRH Grand Duc Henri of Luxembourg. Moreover, she received the Woman of the Decade award from the Women Economic Forum in January 2017, the Humanities medal for spreading humanistic ideas worldwide and the Global Empowerment Award for her work in Africa.
She was named "Leader of the Year 2019" by the Leadership Academy in Luxembourg. Tessy received her Honorary Doctorate for her work in and around education globally by the Paris College of Arts in May 2019. In 2019 Tessy was awarded with other distinctions for her work in education and women empowerment globally namely:
- Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the Drum received from HE The Majesty the King of Rwanda, London UK
- NATO Medal of recognition for her Deployment to Kosovo, Luxembourg 2004
- United Nations Peacekeeping Medal of recognition for her deployment to Kosovo, Luxembourg 2004
- Legacy Resident Recognition for Efforts to improve access to Higher Education around the world by the Beverly Hills City Council, California
- Knight of the Order Lafayette by the Order Lafayette, Switzerland
- Pioneer of Growth & Economic Development Award by The Los Angeles City and The Honourable Council of Jamaica in Los Angeles, California
- Pestalozzi Cross of Merit from the International Pestalozzi Gesellschaft, Switzerland
- Chairman's Commendation for global Leadership for Youth and Women Empowerment, London UK
- TIAW World of Difference Award for the outstanding contribution of making all the difference in the world to the economic empowerment of women, Australia
Tessy holds an MSc in International Studies and Diplomacy. She has certifications in Sustainable Business from the Harvard Business School and Pandemics and Epidemics from the University of California. She also holds a diploma and has actively worked for 8 years as a trauma psychologist in Luxembourg. Currently, Tessy lives in London with her two sons, but is often traveling for her various work projects.
Board of Recommendation
The Board of Recommendation is a group of esteemed professionals or authority figures (professors, representatives of international organisations, global leaders, etc.) who agree to pose as the Atlantic Forum's advocates, in line with our #PastGen supporting #CurrentGen spirit.