Join us for the fifth #NATO2030 Series Discussion, the most recent online discussions project that we have prepared for #transatlantic enthusiasts.
The subject of the fifth online discussion is “NATO in Afghanistan: Quo Vadis?”, an #AFtalk among young professionals that will focus on NATOs decision to withdraw from Afghanistan by 11th of September 2021, and the possible consequences for the security of Afghanistan and the wider transatlantic community. Among other areas, the discussion will focus on:
- What kind of role will or should NATO play post withdrawal?
- What are Afghanistan's chances of maintaining security within its borders, facing both the threat of the Taliban and IS in the region?
- How will other global actors with an interest in Afghanistan, such as Russia and China, view NATOs decision for withdrawal?
- Zdeněk Rod – Deputy Executive Director at the Center for Security Analyses and Prevention
- Jayson Derow – Policy Officer at the Canadian Department of National Defence, former Canadian Military deployed to Kandahar (TBC)
- Liliana Filip – President & Founder at Political Research Group
- Moderator: John Jacobs – Co-Founder & Director, Atlantic Forum
The event will be live-streamed on our Facebook page, but if you want to participate in the Q&A session and ask your transatlantic concerns to professionals in the domain, you can register at the patron only portal:
Not yet a patron? Become one here: https://atlantic-forum.com/become-patron